What are Mini-Splits?
Mini-splits are heating and cooling systems that allow you to control the temperatures in individual rooms or spaces. Mini-split systems are great solutions for whole homes and are great retrofit add-ons to houses with ductless heating systems.
They are also a good choice for room additions where installing ductwork isn’t feasible, and new homes that require only a small space conditioning system.
Advantages of Mini-Split Systems:
- Small size
- Flexibility for zoning or heating and cooling individual rooms
- You can have multiple indoor air handling units connected to one outdoor unit
- Easier to install than other types of space conditioning systems
- Ductless, so they avoid energy losses associated with ductwork of central forced air systems
- Compared with other add-on systems, they offer more flexibility in interior design options
- Many mini-split systems offer a remote control when it's positioned high on a wall or suspended from a ceiling.